Friday, April 13, 2007

Heart break

The heart: biologically speaking a muscle that keeps us alive. It is our life support system. We can live without one kidney or even half a liver. But not the heart.


The heart: the only thing you can give to someone and pray that he or she will handle it with care, and let it crack or break. But when it happens it is the worst emotional pain one can ever try to explain.


Unfortunately the only thing that cures a broken heart is time and then a little more time. As I say this the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson comes to mind " What lies behind us and what lies before us is nothing compared to what lies within us". Also the word of Jim Bishop" It is difficult to live in the present, ridiculous to live in the future and impossible to live in the past. Nothing is as far away as one minute ago."


It is funny how heartache can just break a person. When nothing makes sense and everything seems unfair.That you believes that no one else can understand your hurt. Can't see how many other people still care. Can't even see the other people. People who want so desperately to tell you that it will be you'll see. Just give it time. but for some reason we believe that all the time in the world will not heal you.

Writing this makes me think of the stages I went up when my Mr Right didn't turn out to be Mr Right. Denial, anger, and eventually acceptance. During my denial I only had two thoughts: Either get him back or get back at him. The thoughts that will eventually control my conversations and eventually control me.

The one day a Friend, asked the dreaded question: What if you can't do either? That day anger crept in. He had no right to turn on me!!! He had no right to make my world crumble! And he had no right to take my love and not return it!!!!!!!


Anger lasted a very long time. Nobody was allowed to say his name. I "gave" him all our friends since I believed that everybody was taking his side. But anger gave me drive. Made me want to prove to him that I will be ok without him and to everybody else that I don't need him.


When my acceptance stage came recently I realised I can't prove anything to him because he is no longer there to prove it to. The only person I can prove anything to is myself. Yes. I am ok. Yes I can go on without him. I'm carrying on without him even though sometimes he sweeps through my thoughts and I have to take a deep breath because he will always be a part of me and it hurts. All I need is only a little more time.


The heart: the only thing you can give another person and pray that it wont get broken. But know this: when it does shatter, time is the only glue.

No comments: